- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup Timeless Farro
- 6 cups Chicken or Vegetarian Broth
- 2 cups peeled Butternut Squash cubes 1/2 inch
- 8 Italian Plum Tomatoes coarsely chpped
- 1 piece Parmigiano Reggiano cheese rind
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Green Kale
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add Farro and stir to coat.
- Add broth, squash, tomatoes, cheese rind, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer until squash is tender and Farro is cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in kale and simmer 2 minutes.
- Discard cheese rind. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle grated cheese on top.