- 1/2 Cup Timeless Petite Crimson Lentils
- 1 C Water
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 10 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (equivalent: 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Miniature Marshmallows
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the lentils, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the lentils are tender. Drain if necessary.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the oil and the vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the sugar/egg mixture. Stir in the cooked lentils, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- Bake in greased 9"x13" pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 20 squares.
Adapted from a recipe found on the USDA Dry Pea & Lentil Council website: Cooking with Pulses.