A variation on the classic French spread of olives, capers, and garlic that has been lightened up with lentils. Serve with toasted French bread, pita bread, or chips.
Although any kind of green lentil will do, Timeless French Style Lentils hold their shape and provide exceptional flavor. For those who want to keep things simple: if it eventually goes into a food processor, then chopping, dicing, and mincing are truly superfluous! Be brave, toss them in!
- 1 Cup Timeless French Style Lentils
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken or vegetable broth (Substitute vegetable broth for a vegan alternative.)
- 6 Large cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sundried tomatoes, cut into slivers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Whole Anchovy fillets (Omit the anchovies for a vegan alternative.)
- 1 Tablespoon Capers, drained
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Photo credit: Greg Hirson, used with permission under Creative Commons License.