- 1 Cup Bulghar wheat
- 1 1/2 Cups boiling Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Cup Timeless Black Kabuli® Chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, grated
- 1/2 Cup Black olives, chopped
- Begin your preparation at least 3 hours before you plan to serve to allow the dish to thoroughly marinate and chill.
- Combine bulghar, boiling water, and salt in bowl. Cover and let sit about 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and garlic and mix well. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving add the vegetables and parsley and mix gently. Correct seasonings if necessary.
This recipe was adapted from the original classic Moosewood Cookbook by Julie Mihalsin, The New Health Club.