- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Timeless Green Lentils, dry
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Better Than Bouillon or other dry soup mix
- 2 Teaspoons dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin, ground
- Salt to taste
- 8 Taco shells
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and soup mix, stir and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and the lentils, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Divide the filling evenly among the taco shells and serve with salsa, sliced avocado, and lettuce. Grated cheese and sour cream, optional.
Photo credit: with an eye, used with permission under Creative Commons License.