|Prep Time||1 1/2Hours|
|Passive Time||8-10 Hours|
- 1 1/2 Cups Timeless Black Kabuli® Chickpeas, cooked
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 4-8 Tablespoons Shoyu or Tamari, to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Soak chickpeas over night, and cook for 60 minutes, until soft. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water to use to thin the paste if necessary.
- Using a food processor, mash the chickpeas to a thick paste, adding a little of the cooking water if needed.
- Combine all ingredients and process again to blend completely.
- Taste to correct seasonings and chill before serving.
- Serve with raw vegetables and wedges of pita bread or four tortillas, warmed.
This recipe was adapted from the original classic Moosewood Cookbook by Julie Mihalisin, The New Health Club.