|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
- 4 Tablespoons Sesame oil or Olive oil (Choose a delicately flavored oil.)
- 2 Teaspoons Black mustard seeds
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 Medium Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Tumeric, dried
- 2 Tablespoons Green curry paste (Substitute 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- or 2 green chiles, seeded and finely chopped.)
- 1 1/2 Cups Timeless Pardina Lentils
- 2 Cups Water
- 8 Ounces Coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in large cast iron pan over moderate heat. Add the mustard seeds and cover the pan. When you hear the seeds popping, add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook uncovered for about 8 minutes or until the onion is soft and the garlic is brown.
- Stir in tumeric and curry paste, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and brown them for 2 minutes to give them a good roasted flavor.
- Stir in water, coconut milk, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached. You may need to add more water to keep it from becoming too thick.
- Serve with soft warm garlic naan or spoon into a big bowl of rice. Stand back for compliments!