- 2/3 Cup Timeless Purple Prairie® Barley
- 2/3 Cup Timeless Black Beluga® Lentils
- 1/3 Cup Green Onions, finlely sliced
- 1/3 Cup Red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add barley to about 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until cooked - about an hour. Drain any excess water, rinse with cool water. (Alternate cooking method: soak barley overnight in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 1/2 hour.)
- In a separate pot containing about 4 cups of water, add lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until cooked - about 20 minutes.
- Toss barley, lentils, green onions, red pepper, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, blending well. Stir into lentil-barley mixture, and chill before serving.