- 1/2 cup Timeless Red Lentils
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Safflower Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 4 cups peeled, cored, cubed apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with greased wax paper.
- Combine lentils, water, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain excess water and cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and 2 tablespoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs slightly with a wire whisk. Add sugar and oil, and mix again. Add walnuts, apples, and cooked lentils. Mix with a large spoon. Add flour mixture, and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. Invert cake on a cutting board and remove waxed paper.
- Serve warm with ice cream.