- 1 Tablespoon Sunflower oil
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Medium Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Piece Fresh ginger, 1-inch piece, peeled and minced
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seed, crushed
- 1 Pound Tomatoes, chopped, or 14 oz. can tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Timeless Petite Crimson Lentils
- 5 Cups Vegetable stock
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Low fat yogurt to garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepan and cook onion gently for 5 minutes until transparent.
- Sir in garlic, ginger, and cumin. Add tomatoes and lentils.
- Stir in stock and tomato puree.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until lentils are soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, and reheat gently.
- Serve in heated bowls with a heart-shaped swirl of yogurt and sprinkling of chopped parsley.