Here is a new recipe from my cookbook, Pulse of the Earth: Local Foods/Global Flavors.
Chef Claudia Galofre-Krevat, Claudia’s Mesa
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- Ingredients for Vegetable Toss
- 1 1/2 Pounds Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 Cup Red onion, diced
- 1 Large Yam, cut in 1/2"x1/2" cubes
- 1 Cup Timeless Black Kabuli® Chickpeas (You may substitute regular blonde chickpeas.)
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh dill
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- Ingredients for the Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Rice vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Madras Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dill weed, fresh, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Bitter orange marmalade
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley, chopped Garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, add yam cubes to water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer for about 8 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain the yams and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and the onions.
- In a smaller bowl, blend the olive oil, mustard, dill, and salt. Whisk to blend completely.
- Combine vegetables and mustard mixture, spread on parchment paper.
- Roast until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked yams, chickpeas, and Brussels sprouts.
- Whisk dressing again to be sure it is well mixed, and incorporate all the vegetables. Toss and top with chopped parsley.