- 2 Cups Vegetable or mushroom broth
- 1/2 Cup Timeless Purple Prairie® Barley
- 1/8 Cup Dried cranberries
- 1/8 Cup Golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Medium Acorn or other winter squash
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add Purple Prairie Barley®, Cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until broth is absorbed and barley is tender, about 1 hour.
- While barley is cooking, split the squash, scoop out seeds, and coat the squash flesh with olive oil. Place cut side down in a baking dish. Bake in 400 degree oven until just tender, about 45 minutes.
- When barley is tender, remove from heat. Mix in cranberries, raisins, walnuts, salt and pepper. Scoop into squash "bowls."