- 6 Tablespoons Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Shallot, finely minced
- 3 Ounces Fresh morel mushrooms, chopped, or 1/2 ounce dried
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Walnut oil
- Chives, freshly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 1/4 Pounds Red Sea Bream
- 1 1/2 Cups Timeless French Style Lentils
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 Ounces Bacon, cut into chunks
- 12 Asparagus spears, peeled and blanched, cut into short pieces
- To make vinaigrette: Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in sauté pan, add the shallot and garlic; cook for one minute, add the morels and cook 3 minutes longer. Remove to a bowl and add the vinegar, remaining olive oil and the walnut oil, and season to taste. Set aside.
- To prepare sea bream: Cut into bite-sized portions, lightly flour and season. Heat the oil and pan-fry until brown, crisp, and cooked through.
- To prepare lentils: Add water to sauce pan and bring to boil. Add lentils, return to boil, reduce to simmer, cook for 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- Sauté the bacon to render the fat, add cooked lentils. Just before serving, add asparagus and heat through. Remove from heat and add 1/2 of the vinaigrette mixture.
- To serve: Place a portion of lentils in the center of the plate, top with the fish, and drizzle remaining vinaigrette.
- Garnish as desired.