|Cook Time||1 Hour|
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Large stalk Celery, chopped
- 3 Medium Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can Tomato sauce
- 6 Medium Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil, dried
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 3/4 Cup Timeless Pardina Lentils
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan, cook carrot, onion, garlic, and celery in olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, basil, oregano, and lentils. Stir well.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, adding water as necessary to keep the mixture from becoming too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spaghetti or other pasta according to package directions. Serve sauce over prepared pasta. Tarnish with shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese.