- 1 Cup Timeless Black Beluga® Lentils
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Stalks Celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 Medium Red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Small Red onion, chopped
- 1 Scallon, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green peas (fresh or frozen), cooked
- 1/2 Cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine lentils and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until lentils are just tender, 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, cook celery, bell pepper, and carrot in oil until tender-crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine lentils, cooked vegetables, red onion, scallion, peas, parsley, and cilantro. Toss lightly.
- Add lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and toss. Add olive oil to taste. Season with salt and pepper just before serving.