|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||40 Minutes|
- 1/4 Cup Timeless Purple Prairie® Barley
- 1 Quart Water
- 1 1/2 Pounds Apples
- 2 Ounces Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Tablespoon Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Raisins
- Add barley to water in a large saucepan, soak for 4 to 8 hours.
- Add the sliced apples and bring the water to boil. Cook until barley and apples are soft.
- Blend cooked apples and barley in blender or food processor, and return to saucepan.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and return once more to a boil. Remove from the heat, and cool. Stir in cream.
- Spoon into individual parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Garnish with a sprinkling of raisins and chopped walnuts.
Adapted from European Cuisines.