A special recipe from our own Chef Claudia Galofre-Krevat and Claudia’s Mesa. You’ll love Claudia’s special touch with all of Timeless Natural Foods organic lentils, heirloom grains, split peas, and chickpeas!
The combination of Timeless French Style Lentils and quinoa make for a nutritious, protein-rich salad. Serve it with grilled vegetables, fish or chicken. We like the texture of French lentils and their resemblance to bulgur wheat. Feel free to substitute Timeless Black Beluga® or green lentils for the French Style Lentils.
- 3/4 Cup Timeless French Style Lentils
- 3/4 Cup Red quinoa
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Cup Roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 Cups English cucumbers, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 Cup Scallions, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
If you choose to substitute Timeless Black Beluga® Lentils for the French Style Lentils, please cook the quinoa and the lentils separately. The black lentils will turn the cooking water dark and will discolor the quinoa. By cooking them separately, the salad will benefit from the beautiful color contrast between the lentils and the grain.